June & July Favorites 2017

by - Thursday, July 27, 2017


I've been obsessing make-ups, moisturizers, face oils and all beauty related stuff lately, which by the way, expensive to be obsessing about. I really want to invest on my skin and my body (exercise, still lazy, I think it won't happen anytime soon) not just to look good but to feel good as well. I still have a lot to learn about my skin though, all I know is that I have dry cheeks and oily T-zone.


1. St. Ives Green Blackhead Clearing Green Tea Scrub  - my sister owned the classic Apricot scrub which I find a bit too strong for my face (deep exfoliation factor). So I opt to use this one, it says it has a fighting formula blends green tea with 100% natural exfoliants and unclogs dirt and oil from pores, helping clear blackheads and calm redness and it's oil free salicylic acne medication. If you're looking for a moderate exfoliation factor at the same time helps to fight pimples and blackheads I recommend this one.

2. Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate sample size - It's one of their all time best-selling product. I must say it really gives a natural glow to my face when I wake up in the morning. I wanted to buy the whole bottle so bad but it's a little expensive for a 30 ml bottle.


3. Lush Oatifix Fresh Face Mask - when I started putting it on, stayed on my face for a while, I feel a little tingling sensation. It feels weird but at the same time good because it means that the product is responding. But the bad side was, my upper lip burned, I read somewhere that the tingling shouldn't be on going for a long period of time especially if you have sensitive skin because it will burn or irritate your skin.


4. Evian Facial Spray and Hawaiian Tropic Satin Protection SPF30 - The weather in Dubai right now is shouting summer, as in 50 degrees temperature for months so we have to stay hydrated and protect our skin from UV rays. And drink lots of water of course.

Most of my make-ups right now are from the drugstore. I don't wanna splurge on make-ups yet until I know what I'm doing. Always start with cheap but good products if you're just starting like me. I've done my research through blogs and vlogs on the best drugstore finds. Drugstore makeups are a life saver.


5. NYX Matte Bronzer in Deep - As usual it took me forever to decide which shade should I get (happens every time) medium is too orange for me so I base my decision on Michelle Dy's pick since she is also Morena. I have circle faced shape so contour is the best option to minimize the roundness. I'm still new to this kind of things, so I'm still figuring out how to use and put it properly, aiming to look natural as possible.

6. Wet & Wild Coloricon Blush in Mellow Wine - I wanted to try the Pearlescent Pink as Manny Mua keeps on saying that it's really good but when I saw the actual product, I was really hesitant because of the shimmer, the mellow wine keeps calling my name so I ended up getting it. I read somewhere that when you have circle faced shape you must avoid shimmery blushes.


7. Maybelline The Colossal Big Shot Volume Express Mascara - I've tried the Maybelline Great Lash Mascara, though I'm not impressed because after curling my lashes, it can't keep my lashes curled as I wanted it to. The moment I applied mascara it will go down. So I ditched that mascara and bought a new one but I still have the same issue. On the other hand, this product really gives volume to your lashes especially lower lashes and it dries really fast.

8. Instax Mini 8 - After 2 years, we are finally reunited. I miss my instax so been using it lately.

9. #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso - re-reading my books since I didn't bought any new books to add in my shelf. It's a must since it takes me an hour or so before reaching my workplace.

10. Forever21 Card Wallet - I ditched my Cath Kidston wallet because it too bulky so I bought the this card holder where I put my paper bills, extra metro card and my Emirates ID.


Leave a comment below if you have other inexpensive beauty product recommendations :)


Love. Kristine 




You May Also Like

0 comments