Overnight Chia Seed & Rolled Oats in a Jar

by - Sunday, March 12, 2017

Apparently chia seeds and rolled oats mixture has been around for a while in pinterest and the internet. I’ve always wanted to try making this healthy meal for breakfast (or any part of the day) but it needs it's own budget to complete all the ingredients.  My sister and I went to Carrefour last night then upon entering the store I saw Organic Chia seed on sale (I’m a sale person, my mentally is why buy things if I can get it on sale lol). I bought all the ingredients unexpectedly without following the “to buy list". It made me excited because it's another way of enjoying not just the same oatmeal that I used to eat all my life.


I really want to be healthy mainly to lose weight but I can't say no to breads and sweets. Every day is a battle of losing weight & eat healthy vs. life is short to deprive myself from all the yummy and delicious foods. I don't know know how to cook, I don't know how to plan my meal, calculations of the calories intake and so on and I lack motivation. In my opinion, eating healthy is a bit expensive but very beneficial in long term as in your entire life. I would say I'm lucky to live here in Dubai at the moment, where I can buy foods that I normally wouldn't buy If I live in the Philippines because it's pricey. As to me It's still expensive though but I know there are a lot of cheaper alternatives you can get if you look closely and canvas to different store and brands. Anyway, you will need the following.. plus an empty jar to put the mixture.


Note: You don’t have to be precise in all the ingredients, it really depends how you want your measurements and how it will taste like.

Pour in 1/2 cup of rolled oats. Then 1/4 cup of Low Fat Milk, 1/4 cup of Greek Yogurt and 2 tablespoon of Chia Seeds, add 1 tablespoon of honey then mix it all together.  You can add the fruits on the next day but you can also add it in the mixture. I put 1/2 banana (cut) in the first jar then 1/2 of blueberries in the second jar. Seal it in the jar and put it in the fridge for about 4 hours but preferred overnight. 


You can eat it the next day for your breakfast if you’re always on the go and doesn’t have time to eat in the morning like myself. I always wake up just enough for me to take a bath, get dress then go so that I won’t miss my bus schedule. 


I like it very much because it's yummy and healthy at the same time. Go ahead and make your own.
PS Currently eating it right now.


Love. Kristine

You May Also Like

0 comments