Signs You Are Living in Dubai

by - Thursday, April 28, 2016


My work ended at around 3 (it should be 2) since I have a lot of works on my sleeve and I have to finalize all pending Invoices, deposit money and deposit salaries of 50 employees. I'm currently watching The Carrie Diaries drinking Illy issimo in their latte macchiato and because of the movie where she's telling her life in Manhattan, I decided to make my own.

1.  Seeing fanciest cars is ordinary but I still appreciate though.

2.  You have to try Desert Safari and visit Old Gold Souq, Miracle Garden and Global Village and have a photo of Burj Khalifa every time you pass by Dubai mall.

3. You endure long walks especially if your place is far from the bus stop. If you're a commuter, you know what I’m saying. Since buses and metros have time frame, you have no choice but to catch their schedule so that you will arrive at your destination on time.

4. You can bear the super hot weather during summer (when it reaches to super hot you check the temperature, screenshot and post it online) and super cold air on winter.

5.  Learn to adopt traditions and cultures since a lot of different nationalities live here especially during Ramadan. Cautions at all times. 

6. Words like habibi, Yalla, Inshallah & kalas is used in daily conversation. It really amazed me hearing different languages even if I don’t understand single word and I love how the sound enters my ear.

7. I don’t know about other nationalities but Filipinos calls drivers or strangers “my Friend” or “Brother”. I prefer to use both.

8.  Room sharing is how you lived here. Since flats are so damn expensive (congratulations to people who have accommodations or big salary), whether you like it or not, you have to share one room or bed space to lessen your expenses.

9. Gaining weight especially when you’re type of person who doesn’t exercise. Foods here are a little cheaper since I am earning dirham’s but If I we’re to convert it to Philippine peso it’s expensive haha. When I came here I was just about 45 Kg but now I am freaking 50 kg or more.

10. You’re excited and what to take a picture with the camel. All the time.



Which one are you on the list?


Love. Kristine

You May Also Like

0 comments