Books & Coffee: Me Before You By Jojo Moyes

Sunday, April 17, 2016


I was really curious about Me before You by Jojo Moyes. I read a lot of good feedback of the book so I had to have it. Then one day I went to a bookstore and saw the book with a good deal (3 for 2). I bought it right away. I was more excited when I knew they will be releasing the movie and I can’t wait to watch. I thought from the cover itself, me before you explains literally, it was my life before you came sort of way. So I listed some favorite lines  from the book that I think applies to everyone. The book will break your heart at the end.

1.       “Everything takes time. And that’s something that your generation find it a lot harder to adjust to. You have all the grown up expecting things to go your way almost instantaneously. You all expect to live the lives you choose”.
2.   “I can’t judge him for what he wants to do. It’s his choice. It should be his choice.
3.    “But if we don’t have faith that he can feel better, even get better, then how is he supposed to keep the faith that good things might happen?”
4.   “Just live well. Just live.”

I finished the book months ago and I haven’t read any until now. I always have moments where I want to read continuously and there’s also a moment where I don’t like reading. I have 3 books in my bedside table just in case I wanted to read something, Lullabies by Lang Leav, Field Guide to Happiness for Women by Barbara Ann Kipler and The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks.

The book tells us to live boldly. To fully experience the luxury of life even if there’s so many bumps along the way.  Live as much as we can. Explore. Don’t settle for less because we never knew when things end.  Don’t live with a lot regrets because you didn’t do this and that.  It’s something we should keep in mind ALL THE TIME and a reminder of how lucky we are in different ways.


Love. Kristine

You Might Also Like

0 comments