22 Things I Learned and Will Learn in Turning 22

Thursday, January 07, 2016


I know I made it seem like turning 22 is really a big deal but it is a big deal for me. I’m making big fuzz about my age. Reaching your 20’s is confusing, you don’t know where you belong; you cannot be treated as too old or too young. At this point, I have to promise myself to make changes in my life and there are still a lot to go through, learn and experience each day. I’m not getting any younger; sooner or later I will become part of older pips (OMG). 

This post is about the things I learned and also things I still wanted to learn now that I’m 22. Just bear with me for being sentimental. HAHA

1. Age is just a number; I don’t know what I’m fussing about. It’s not about the number it’s about the quality that you showed and touched the lives of other people.  I really wanted to be a good person as possible.

2. It’s okay to be alone. Really okay. We’re not giving it a big deal when eating outside alone or going to malls alone. Back then, even going to comfort rooms, I always ask someone to accompany me. But when I reach here in Dubai I learn to overcome my fear because I have no choice. The choice is do it ALONE or nothing at all. It’s about time to be independent.

3. Don’t go looking for love. They say It will come when you least expect it. Someone is going to love you. So Pat, don’t worry. HAHA you’re going to feel the feeling of being in love, the butterflies, the laughs and excitement.

4. It’s okay to act like kid sometimes whenever you wanted. Who doesn’t love being a kid? There’s something wrong with you.

5. I should worry less about what people say or think about me. Do me. Doing whatever I want to do but be responsible and set boundaries.

6. Your past choices and mistakes don’t define you for who you are now.

7. Forgive and Forget. Yes I do forgive easily but the forget part? Still working on it.

8. You can’t please everybody. We are all different. We have our own beliefs and perception.

9. Travel the world and discover the beauty of life – still working on it. One step at a time. 

10. Stand up for yourself. No one can defend you 24/7 everybody has their own battle to face.

11. Change takes time. When you’re in your early twenties, there’s always the feeling of a little confuse the feeling of you don’t really know what you want. Life is constantly changing – You are still developing and adjusting.


12. Treat yourself. Give yourself a break. Spoil yourself.

13. I’ve read a lot about losing some friends along the way and its natural stage of life. Still working on it too. I can’t really handle that especially if the person is dear to me but if not, well it’s okay. Haha

14. Never compare yourself to others. As I said, we are all unique and different.

15. Love Yourself by Justin Bieber haha. Nobody will love you as much as the way you love yourself. You will be with yourself for the rest of your life. Guilty in numbers 14 and 15, working on it too. Yes I love myself, I take good care of myself but there is always a little insecurity that I don’t know where it comes from.

16. Stick to what you believed in and how well you were raised. Don’t force yourself into something that you’re not just to be “COOL”.

17. Be healthy. Guilty again.My stomach recently accepts veges, still a little picky but its good than never right? haha (I never eat veges before) and I never do exercise, I tried but stops and forgets. But at the same time as what I said in no. 12 Eat pizzas, fries and sweets too. HAHA

18. Set goals and dream bigger. Motivate yourself to be the best you. Chase your dreams. Trials and Disappointments is part of life. It happens because you know you can do so much better.

19. Learn to Say NO. NO.

20. There’s still so much time to fail in love, career and in personal goals because we are still young. Whenever you fall always get back up no matter how hard it may be and start over. Never lose hope and just believe in HIM.

21. This is just the beginning. I still have a lot of things to learn, to experience, to survive, to see and to do. It’s exciting and scary at the same time.

22. I will never forget what my friend? But not really (a person I know) told me to LIVE A LITTLE. I am a person who follows rules, my dad’s rules, family rules. But right now I'm trying to squeeze the fun side of me now that I’m older as what i said to no. 5 set boundaries and be responsible of your actions.

As you grow older, you wanted to celebrate your birthday in different perspective but don’t forget the cake, for me birthdays feels real when there’s cake no matter how small or big it is. No need for fancy parties. For the last 8 years, I always treated my friends outside or we will have dinner together with my family. It really depends on the budget actually. Haha and I wouldn’t have wanted to spend it the other way. It’s what really matters, celebrating special moments with families and friends. 


Love. Kristine

You Might Also Like

0 comments