Books & Coffee: Eat, Pray, Love By Elizabeth Gilbert

by - Tuesday, September 29, 2015


Three words that all of us should be doing in our lives - EAT. PRAY. LOVE. I watched the movie many times and read the book for the 3rd time. It's actually one of my favorites (movie to watch) and because I love Julia Roberts. After I watched the movie for the first time, I told myself that someday I will be doing what she did, to visit the Three I's -Italy, India and Indonesia. **wink.

1. "Your emotions are the slaves to your thoughts, and you are the slave to your emotions."

2. "When I get lonely these days, I think: so be lonely Liz. Learn your way around loneliness. Make a map of it. Sit with it, for once in your life. Welcome to the human experience. But never again use another persons body or emotions as a scratching post for your own unfulfilled yearnings."

3. "Even the Eternal city (another name given to Rome), say the silent Augusteum, one must always be prepared for riotous and endless waves of transformation. 

4. "The Bhagavad Gita - that ancient Indian Yogic text - says that it is better to live your own destiny imperfectly than to live an imitation of somebody else's life with perfection. So now I have started living my own life.

5. "And when you sense a faint potentiality for happiness after such dark times you must grab on to the ankles of that happiness and not let go until it drags you face-first out of the dirt - this is not selfishness, but obligation.

6. "You were given life; it is your duty (and also your entitlement as a human being) to find something beautiful within life, no matter how slight."



Book: Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert 



Love. Kristine



You May Also Like

0 comments